HAED Rotation

Sunday, July 16, 2017

SAL UPDATE

Wow. Just realized that I missed the last SAL update. Sorry about that. Really didn't have anything to update at that time. I was flitting from project to project trying to find one that would hold my interest for more that 5 minutes. I was doing a lot of knitting and crocheting in that interval but that doesn't count here. I finally found something that is holding my interest. This is an old, old, old UFO that I started back in 2003. It was charted in Stitcher's World in 2002-2003. There are 6 parts and it was charted for either needlepoint or cross stitch. While I do needlepoint occasionally I decided to do it as cross stitch. It is called Cottage Garden Rug. When I picked it back up after all these years here is what it looked like.










After 3 weeks it now looks like this.










When finished it will look like this.










Hopefully it will continue to hold my interest at least until the next SAL update.

There are a lot of talented people taking part in this SAL. Please go over to their blogs to see all the wonderful things they are stitching.



Till next time.

Cindy

11 comments:

  1. My oldest UFO was over 40 years old when I finished it (it took me two evenings to finish it!!) This looks a very pretty design, very summery :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a lovely design! And at least you know how old some of your UFOs are - I'm not sure I know that with all of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and it looks like it'll be quite a challenge. Looking forward to watching this grow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very pretty piece which I am sure will be stunning when complete. I am sure with the group behind you encouraging its continuation you will complete it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so. It has been hanging around long enough.LOL

      Delete
  5. What a great embroidery! I do hope you´ll finish it some day (don´t feel any pressure :) ).

    ReplyDelete
  6. It can be fun to pick up an old UFO. This is a beautiful piece, and the design is timeless. I can't wait to see your next update. --Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely design. You made great progress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it, beautiful colours and such a great design. Good luck with your progress for the next SAL.
    xo Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like a lovely design! And at least you know how old some of your UFOs are - I'm not sure I know that with all of mine!

    ลาลีกา

    ReplyDelete